tetralogy of fallot pulmonary atresia mapcas.suspected digeorge syndrome
hello sir,i am hari from india..my brother's daughter is 2 years old now.she is suffered by tetralogy of fallot pulmonary atresia mapcas.suspected digeorge syndrome problem..she is fast breathing and feeding difficulty with FTT. we discussed here in india with one doctor,he told this operation is critical.but still we believing the doctors because she is so cute and clever in this age.so please give the corrective decision about our child and prevent her life.
Hello and welcome to this site. Sometimes it can be difficult to face the fact that your child has CHD when they "look" so healthy and act the same way. There is no way for me to know whether the doctor is telling you that your daughter needs this surgery and it is critical that she has it due to her symptoms and test results or if the surgery is dangerous. I do know that children with TOF do need to have surgies performed on their hearts, so I'm afraid that would be in her future. Usually there are several surgeries done to repair this heart. It sounds like your daughter needs to have this surgery done based on what you have written here. You may want to also post this question on the Expert Pediatric Heart forum here on Medhelp as well; an actual doctor will answer your question on that forum.