Pediatric Cardiology Community
transposition of the great arteries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

transposition of the great arteries

Hello
My son Owen is 6 months old and has had transposition of the great arteries surgery. He had this done at 2 weeks of age and has been perfect. Recently, however I have been noticing that his hands have been turning purple. I don't know what these means. He is currently taking 1.5 mg of Enalapril 1.5 ever 12 hours. I am not sure if this is because of the medication he is on. I am really worried. Its the weekend. I plan on contacting the Dr. monday. Please advise. Thank You
If your son is doing fine than it is probably okay for you to call your doctor tomorrow. If he is having blue lips or the color INSIDE his mouth is a blueish color than I would have him seen before tomorrow. I am sorry I haven't answered your question before now, this is the first chance I have had to get back onto the computer.