Pediatric Cardiology Community
wpw treatment in kids with ccTGA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

wpw treatment in kids with ccTGA

My 14 year old son was diagnosed with ccTGA in December after several syncopy episodes at school.  Yesterday he had an episode of svt with a heart rate of about 240 for about an hour and half before it converted to back to normal.  He has now been diagnosed with WPW.  My other son had catheter ablation to correct his WPW but did not have the other defect.  My question is this...we are scheduling ablation for my son asap per his dr and was wandering what you can tell me about the catheter ablation in kids with ccTGA vs the ablation in kids without other structural defects.  I was also told to watch him and return to the hospital if he has problems again...what heart rate and for how long would justify another trip to the hospital.  
Because your son already has a heart problem, I would not hesitate to return to the hospital if he goes into another arrhythmia. The important factor here is that he already has a heart problem. Ablations can be done on children with severe heart problems, in fact I think the doctors prfer to do them more quickly in children with known heart diseases because of the added risks allowing arrhythmias to continue in those kids. Have the ablation done.