Pediatric Cardiology Community
wpw treatment in kids with ccTGA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

wpw treatment in kids with ccTGA

My 14 year old son was diagnosed with ccTGA in December after several syncopy episodes at school.  Yesterday he had an episode of svt with a heart rate of about 240 for about an hour and half before it converted to back to normal.  He has now been diagnosed with WPW.  My other son had catheter ablation to correct his WPW but did not have the other defect.  My question is this...we are scheduling ablation for my son asap per his dr and was wandering what you can tell me about the catheter ablation in kids with ccTGA vs the ablation in kids without other structural defects.  I was also told to watch him and return to the hospital if he has problems again...what heart rate and for how long would justify another trip to the hospital.