Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
15 yr. old with high blood pressure
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

15 yr. old with high blood pressure

Hi!  My daughter is a swimmer and runs track in high school (weight:115, height: 5'3) she was found to have high blood pressure while she was at the oral surgeon having a tooth extracted 205/135, we thought the machine was broke. the following couple of days her bp  was aprox. 170/120. She is now seeing a pediatric nephrologist who has done blood tests, echo, and kidney angiogram all which came back negative.  1 1/2 months later she is on Norcasc 10 mg. and lisinopril 5 mg. which now is back in the normal range most of the time. Last October at her sports physical her bp was 115/67.  So in the last 6 mos sometime her bp went crazy.  My question is should she see a endocronologist or a Cardiologist even though the echo looked normal?  This whole thing just seems so wierd.  Her grandparents have high blood pressure but not at 15 years old.  Thank You!