Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
Fasting Glucose
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fasting Glucose

Please may I have some advice on Fasting Glucose results?
My daughter is having a blood test tomorrow for Glucose and Sex Hormones (She is a teenager with Ovarian Failure). As a consequence she is 'off' her BCP and has been for nearly six weeks. Please, how may this affect the Glucose results?
For my daughter, 'normal' means being on BCP/HRT - she'll need to be on HRT for the next 35 yrs! However, I have read that BCP/HRT elevates results... Would my daughter get a false result as a consequence of being estrogen deficient at the time of testing or moreover is she at increased risk of having elevated results go undiagnosed as a result of being off her BCP at the time of testing?
Your advice would be very appreciated, thank-you.
Belinda