Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
Is there any way to get some more growth?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is there any way to get some more growth?

Hi, i'm 17 and last year i found out that i was hypothyroid (was probably slowly deteriorating from age 15). Now with thyroxine pills my TSH and FT4 are normal. However, i am really small - 152cm and lightweight and have always been this way. My weight has remained the same for many years and it is impossible to gain weight, but this isn't a big issue: it is more height concerns. I hit puberty about 13 and a half and started developing but very slowly and i never grew in height at all. It was so difficult watching others my age gain in height/ have growth spurts and see their breasts developing. I know know that my slowly malfunctioning thyroid may have contributed to this, but i feel cheated out of height and sexual development. I have body hair and have periods but i look about 13/14. Is there anything that i can take or do to become taller or more well developed?

Thanks