Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
My daughter has acute body odor at 4 yrs. old
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My daughter has acute body odor at 4 yrs. old

My beautiful daughter has mind blowing BO regularly at 4 years of age. She runs hot naturally so I try to keep her in cotton PJ's etc. I have expressed my concern to my pediatrician and he ruled out that she might have diabetes.  She has no symptoms of pre-puberty. She is above average in height but normal for weight.  She's lean and very tone with olive skin and brown eyes (which makes me feel better about PKU)  She does have ezcema (eczema), small teeth that are spaced out...enamel issues???? (she grinds at night) She also has strong cheek bones a prominent forehead and a stawberry hemangioma on the side of her face between her ear and chin on her neck. (is this a possible related pigment issue?)
She survived a near drowning incident in salt water at age 2 1/2 and I always wonder if that may have triggered anything PH wise.  Please advise-  Nervous Nelly Mom