Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
Not sure if this is the correct decision.

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

My son is 8 months old.  His doctor at his last visit noticed that his penis was smaller than it should be.  She refered him to an endocrinologist and he has an appointment for a testosterone injection.  Am I making the right decision?? And what are the side effects going to be?  His appointment is in 2 weeks.  Please help.
no doubt you have had your appt and I bet that they did not just give him testosterone, the pediatrician referred for evaluation. I posted another answer to someone concerning a small penis in a 2 yo, we worry about pituitary problems and the hormones that the brain make in utero that allow development of the genitalia as well as the same hormones that stimulate the thyroid, growth, puberty and water retention, all come from the brain, when the genitalia is not developed well we worry this is an outward sign that the pituitary is not functioning, hence the endocrinologist.
If hormones are fine, I usually have my pediatric urology folks offer their advice.
The testosterone should not harm him once if it is determined that it is needed, rather it will allow them to evaluate if he is responsive and the doses obviously will be very very low and appropriate for age and weight.