Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
breast not developed

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

breast not developed
my niece is 14 and one breast is more than one cup smaller, is it due to an endocrinological issue?
not necessarily, I have seen a few kids with this, workup all normal hormone levels and mostly due to less actual tissue itself in that area, tend to monitor them with their pediatricians and once they are all done developing by age 18 at least if there is a big discrepancy they can make a decision if reduction of the larger size is needed, of course ruling out any mass on the larger size is important but physical exam should help.
So start with the pediatrician or adolescent specialist