Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
low testosterone level in young boy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

low testosterone level in young boy

My 9-year old son seems to have all the sypmtoms of low testosterone: Very attached to Mom and Dad and home, won't defend himself, won't wrestle or play chase games, feels weak, has a long attention span, no moodiness whatsoever.  We have celebrated many of these qualities until this year - he has started separating from the other boys becasue they are too "rough" for him. Unfortunatley, he has very male interests:  sports, scores, science, competing etc.  So i was wondering if there is anything "natural" to do to give his testosterone level a boost.

The only unusual physical symptoms i notice are constipation and enlarged pupils.

Thanks for any thoughts or information on the subject,