Pediatric Heart Community
HOPELESS!
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE PEDIATRIC HEART COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

HOPELESS!

My 7 year old daughter was diagnosed with a mild pulmonary stenosis at birth and has been seeing the same doctor for years. She has had and episode of cynosis in the past, but she was very young. Now she is complaining of chest pain. This has been going on for several days. It is not necessarily upon exertion. The pain comes and goes and does not last long but happens intermittently throughout the day. I have contacted the ped cardiologist and without fail, he seems unconcearned yet again. I am trying to weigh my options at this point. Should this be considered an emergency? What should I do when noone seems to feel the motherly instinct that I do? I feel like this could be leading to something else? PLEASE HELP!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Look on the pediatric cardiology forum I think you will find input there ..Good Luck
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
I think we have to be our children's advocate.  If your mama warning bells are sounding, act on them.  That is my firm belief.  I'd call your primary care doctor and say that you feel something is wrong and would like a second opinion----  who do they recommend you see?  If those pains increase, then I'd go to the ER, yes.  How awful to have something unthinkable happen while being poo poo'ed by your doctor.  So, make some calls and get a plan together.  Second opinions are valuable----  they help you either have faith in your doctor or lose faith.  Good to know when it comes to the health of your beloved cherub.  good luck
Blank
I agree 100% with specialmom!  As a mother and a congenital heart patient, I have learned to always trust my gut...  If you don't like/trust the answer you get at one hospital/doctor go to another one.  Good luck!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Heart Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...