Pediatric Heart Community
Two year old with PVC
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE PEDIATRIC HEART COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Two year old with PVC

My 2 year old was sent to the ER today from his doctors office, due to the doctor hearing an extra heart beat. My family has a strong history of heart problems. I myself also has have heart issues. How concern should I be?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If you have a strong family history of irregular heart rhythms then the little one too could be having a problem. Infants are known to suffer from arrhythmias. This can be serious or it may revert to normal rhythm on its own. For this further tests will be required. Please consult a cardiologist immediately if the emergency department detected something. Even otherwise, please show the child to a cardiologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Heart Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank