Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
23 Days old - Two Cardiac Arrests in 4 days
Dear Sir/Mam,

We don't have many Peads Cardio Doctors available here and we got advice only from one. I would like to have a 2nd opinion as my child has gone into cardiac arrest twice. Doctor has prescribed three sets of medicine (Basix Liquid, K-Lyte & Capril Tablet). All these medicines have a terrible taste and the baby does not take them very easily and starts crying and holding his breath. I am including following data retrieved from today's report - your assistance will be much appreciated in this matter.

Situs Solitus
Levocardia
AV+VA Concordance
VSD Shunting Left to Right PG: 47mmHg (Previous PG was 33mm)
PFO Shunting left to right
Normal Arch, No Duct
Impression: Small pressure restrictive Perimembranous VSD

Looking forward your help and support in this matter. Thank you.

Dawoud.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
773637 tn?1327450515
Dear Dawoud,

This forum is not able to provide a second opinion.  I cannot tell why your child had cardiac arrest from the information that you have given me, and cannot assess your child through this forum.  If you would like to get a formal second opinion, you need to go to see one.  I can say that a small VSD does not lead to cardiac arrest, so there is something else happening here that requires urgent evaluation by a pediatric cardiologist.  I wish you good luck in finding one relatively nearby to you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now