Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
8 year old heart rate
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

8 year old heart rate

My 8 year old son has been complaining of his heart beating really fast. He says when he is tired it makes his hands numb, when he is standing it makes him dizzy, and when he is just sitting around it gives him headaches. I had him into the clinic today where the doc performed an ekg and xray. Nothing came back out of the ordinary. I am very concerned about him because in my area we dont seem to have a real caring clinic staff. My son told me that when it beats fast it feels like hes being thrown off a cliff and his heart is pounding out of his body really hard and that it hurts his chest. He is not on any adhd meds or any for that matter. He drinks no caffeine and is in no sports. Any ideas as to what I can have the doctor look for?