Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
9yr old daughter with bicuspid aortic valve/ sinus arythmia
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

9yr old daughter with bicuspid aortic valve/ sinus arythmia

My daughter had a repair of a VSD at 11 wks. She's  followed up with her pediatric cardiologist yearly, then every two years and as of last year he wants to see her in 5 years. She is diagnosed with a bicuspid aortic valve and sinus arythmia. She has no restrictions as far as activity is concerned. However, she has started playing soccer recently and appears to tire tremendously. My husband seems to think it is normal cause she is really hustling out there... I am worried cause it seems to take her awhile to cool down. Is there anything I should be looking out for? Should I be concerned?