Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
ASD Secundum
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ASD Secundum

Good Evening sir,

Actually, I am from Nepal,
I have a daughter; she is now 3 years and weight 11kg,
The Finding is as Follows:

M-Mode LV Function:
                 Diastole           Systole
LVID:         2.5 CM             1.5 CM
IVS:           0.5 CM          
LVPW:       0.5Cm
EF:            70.0%

M-Mode LA/Aorta:
LA: 1.5Cm
AO:  1.7Cm
ACS: 0.9CM

Mitral Valve Study:
D-Mode Study
E-Vel:  0.89 M/s        E Gradient: 3.0 MM/Hg
A-Vel:  0.72M/s         A Gradient: 2.0 MM/Hg
E/A:   >1
AML: Normal
PML: Normal

Mitral Regurgatation: NIL

Triscuspid Valve Study:
Morphology: Normal
D-Mode Study
TR Velocity: 1.5m/s        TR Gradient: 9.5 MM/hg
Triscuspid Regurgitation: Grade II

Aortic Valve Study:
Aortic Cusps: Normal      
D-Mode LV Function
Peak Velocity: 1.16 m/s
Peak Gradient: 5.4 mmhg

Aortic Regurgatation: NiL

Pulmonary Valve Study:
Morphology: Normal
D-Mode Study
Peak Vel: 1.3 m/s
Peak Gradient: 7.3mmhg
Pulmonary Reg: NiL

IAS: Deficient
IVS: Intact
Pericardium: No Effusion Seen
Intracavitary Mass: Not Seen
Vegation: Not Seen
Wall Motion Analysis: No Regional Wall Motion Abnormalities

Final Impression: ASD Secundum 4mm in size, left to right shunt, Mildy dilate RA and RV, Mild TR with Normal PA pressure.

The Echo report is made when she was 2 years old, and as per PD Cardio, i have to take 4th ECho in coming 3rd Jan 2011(She will be 3 years and 1 months). ASD was discovered when she was 6 months old, of size 7mm, in the entire following Echo, the size was decreasing and her health also getting better except her proper growth failure......she has no feeding problems, and anactive baby.......

Can You please interpret the above and make me happy with your advice and make me understand to fight with this problem.......since in my country Dr.s are not interpreting the problems properly to the parents.

Sincerly yours
Anjali