Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Another question about my chest pain and shortness of breath
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Another question about my chest pain and shortness of breath

Hello again. I would first like to start off by saying thank you for your answer to my question. It was very helpful and i absoutley agree that i need to lose weight and get into better shape. I recently went to my doctor and when i described to her about my "sharp" chest pains and shortness of breath were coming from the middle and left side of my chest she listnened to my heart and she came to a conclusion that it wasnt a heart problem, but that it was most likely coming from my "breastbone" area. I love my doctor and i totally trust her but do think that by just listening to my heart that she could accuratley be able to rule out that the problems weren't my heart? And are there any medications or specific treatment i can do to "lessen" the pain form my chest? And how long do you think these chest symptoms should occur before i get worried? Thank you again for taking the time to read this question.