Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
BAV and latest echo
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

BAV and latest echo

I would like to hear your opinion on my son's latest echo as I would like to understand what this means.  He is an 11 year old boy who is 46 kg (101lbs) and 151 cm tall (5'1").  his echo is in cm's.  The interpretation at the top of the echo report reads like this  - Mild left atrail enlargement. Borderline concentric left ventricular hypertropy. LV appears globular. BAV. Doming Aortic valve leaflets. Post stenotic ascending aorta dilatation. Normal left ventricular systolic function. trivial tricuspid valsve insufficiency. There is 1 mmHg tricuspid regurgitation. Normal mitral valve velocity. No mitral valve insufficiency. Normal pulmonic valve velocity. Mild pulmonic valve insufficiency. 23 mmHg peak aortic valve gradient. 9. mmHg mean aortic valve gradient. Moderate aortic valve insufficiency.
Ao root diameter 2.8 cm                                  IVsd 1.1cm
FS:36%                                                         IVSs0.94 cm
EF:66%asc Aorta 3.5 cm                                LVIDd 5.1 cm
Aortic arch 2.8 cm (4.1 cm Z score)                 LVIDs 3.3 cm
Ascending Aorta 3.5 cm (6.7 Z score)              LVPWd0.57cm
Descending aorta 1.6 cm                                lVPWs 1.3 cm
RVDd 2.3 cm                                                 LVOT diam 2.1 cm
PV annu diam 2.3cm                                      RPA diam 1.5 cm
I know some of the measurements are increased from his last echo in particular with the aortic arch and the ascending aorta.  My son is playing hockey 3 hours a week but it is house league with no contact.  He has had 1 episode of feeling SOB in the last 3 months otherwise no complaints.  at the above appointment he also has an exercise stress test that was normal.
Thanks for your time.