Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
DCM sever with MR

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

DCM sever with MR
can my 4month baby boy recover from DCM heart disease . and plz tell me the treatment
Dear Aki,

Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) can be cause by multiple different reasons.  Some of these reasons include an infection of the heart called myocarditis, a genetic abnormality of the heart muscle that can run in families (a cardiomyopathy), or a structural abnormality of a valve or another finding.  Without more information and without seeing your son, I cannot say what needs to be done and what his prognosis is.  He should be seen by a pediatric cardiologist who experience in treating heart failure and cardiomyopathies who can determine what needs to be done for him and what his prognosis is.
i consult his primary doctor he says it is viral DCM not frm born .
can I send u tests / reports of my baby ?