Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
EKG on 9 yr old son shows concern of poss enlarged heart
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

EKG on 9 yr old son shows concern of poss enlarged heart

My 9 1/2 year old son went for his football physical.  Very routine.  Upon examination, the doctor stated she thought he had an irregular heartbeat and requested an EKG.  The radiologist at the hospital that read the EKG stated that according to that test, there are possible concerns of an enlarged heart.  We are being referred to Nemours Childrens Clinic for some followup testing today.  He has asthma and switched medicine recommended by our pulmonologist.  
My question, is, he had no problems last year.  Could the asthma possibly cause this?  Could the new medicine (Symbicort) cause this?  Or is it possible the test was done incorrectly?

Sincerely,
Scared  momma