Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Ectopic Heart beats. MILD TR/ PAH

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Ectopic Heart beats. MILD TR/ PAH

To: Dr.

My son who is 11 yrs old is quite healthy and fit , however one day all of suden he felt weakness , within a minute he was normal , though he was having gastric problem on that day, resulting we took him to Doctor who conducted his test which include ecg wherein ectopic beats were found and his echo was carried out , please advise me , as per them boy is fit and there is no problem with cardiac issue.

I am reproducing the reports of echo as well of Holter which is as ,

Echo Report : Normal sized LA/LV/RA/RV with no chmaber hypertrophy.
No LV regional wall motion abnormaility with LVEF of 60%,
Mild TR with Mild PAH ( estimated RVSP =39 mmHg)
No Valvular stenosis or intracardiac shunt,
No vegetation, thrombus or inracardiac mass,
No pericardial pathology.

Comments of Holter Report :

The average HR was 89, with a minimum of 63 and maximum of 187. Ventricular ectopic beats totalled 0, with 0 VE pairs. SuperVentricular ectopics totalled 9698 and total SVE pairs were 0. Bigeminy count totalled 46 and trigeminy Count totalled 12. Pauses longer than 2.5 sec totalled as 0. The number of minutes analyzed ECG data was 1440.

ST Depression minutes totalled 0 for analyzed channel Ch2. The maximum Delta ST of -29.10 mm occured at 2.10hrs in channel Ch2.

Kindly help me on the basis of aforesaid information. My Cardiologist has advised that nothing to worry , it is very common in children  due to bad diet or otherreasons but not related to heart. I would like to add that this boy is very reserved and senstative / emotional.

Regards,
I believe that we already talked about this previously.  The irregular beats are common and not likely to cause any problems.  The only reason to follow up with the cardiologist would be to have a repeat echocardiogram sometime within the next few months to double check the slightly elevated pressure in the lungs (mild PAH).