Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Enlarged heart for a 4months baby girl
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Enlarged heart for a 4months baby girl

Dear Doctor,

My daughter is four months old, she was born by cesarean. she has always since birth had chest pains, cough, and

she used to take small feeds several times. We used to take her to hospitals and they said she had

pneumonia and they used to treat that,On the 29th of September she could hardly breath and we went to hospital

where they discovered that her heart was bigger than the actual size it should have been.

We have been hospitalized in Uganda Heart Institute Mulago since then, and on the 4th of October we were discharged. The doctor administered some medicine which he said will go on for three months.
What is your advise on this issue? is this disease curable? and what is the total solution

Regards

Williams

Father of the patient