Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Female Division I Basketball Player Having Heart Issues
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Female Division I Basketball Player Having Heart Issues

Hello,

My daughter Kate is at SIUE playing Division I basketball, and has been a top athlete all her life-20 years old, and is now a Junior and while running line sprints she has had 4-5 epiosodes of irregular heartbeat, rapid breathing, and legs and hands felt tingly....these are Kate's words... as well as the head trainer for the University. The EKG and Echo did not indicate any issues. Kate is now going to do a stress test and wear a heart monitor for 21 days to look for issues. Any recomendations for a concerend father of a beautiful young daughter and her heart? Please note Kate and lost her mother, my wife of 27 years, last year to breast cancer; I know it's been hard on her losing her best friend...I do the best I can but I am not a mother. I wonder if their are other mitigating stresses causing these issues? Kate's also trying to win her scholarship back after losing it last semester due to a lack of focus...she's been working harder then ever to prove herself this semester and win her playing time back and the scholarship. Maybe too much pressure for a 20 year old as well.