Gurgling sound/chesty cough
Hi there. My 8 month old daughter has a large VSD and a small ASD. We are due to meet with the surgeon next month for OHS (failure to thrive etc). When I went to get my daughter out of bed today she sounded like she was 'gurgling'. She had a congestive cough also. You could feel her chest rattling front and back when I held her.  No fever. This lasted 20min and then was miraculously gone. We held her upright during this time. She seems fine in herself. What could be the cause of this? What should i do? Many thanks for your opinion.
Dear Poppie Mae,

Without evaluating her and getting more of a history, I cannot say what this was.  If you have specific concerns, I would have her seen by her primary care provider.  If it is something that cleared up like that automatically, it is not likely to be congestive heart failure secondary to her VSD.
A related discussion, DOCTOR was started.