Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Heart issues
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart issues

So I have been feeling worse and worse each day (health wise).
I feel short of breathe ,with little exertion. Simply walking to the bathroom or the kitchen my heart races and my bp goes up significantly high and then drops. Yet If I have not being doing anything my bp drops very low such as 60/80 but when i get up it goes to 145/85 which is a big change in a short time.

I am freaking out. I tried to go to the mall yesterday and have some fun but instead just walking my chest pains got really bad and i got out of breathe and could not breathe. I didn't want to tell my friends and ruin their fun so i kept making excuses to go into different stores to try to rest from walking. I honestly thought I was going to die though. I had horrible chest pains and felt like I could hardly breathe.. my heart was racing and beating hard.

I also feel delirious when this happens, like I am not in my right mind and am sky high..

my insurance runs on june 30th my 19th bday. I have two test scheduled for a heart monitor and an echo gram to be done, but the problem is they scheduled the review for the test on my actual bday so if something is wrong they won't even be able to do anything I won't have insurance anymore.
I am really scared and don't know whats wrong and trying to decide if I should wait for those test or go to er (who usually doesn't help anything), or try another doctor sooner.