Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Heart pain

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Heart pain
My heart has been hruting badly here latley and I'm not sure why. Everyone tells me thats it's heart burn, but it happens at random times. It's like someones squeexing my heart, and I can't brathe, it goes away after a few minutes, but every time I think I'm going to have a heart attack. What do you think it is?
Dear Brittany,

Without evaluating you, I cannot say what is happening with your chest pain.  I can say that most chest pain in children and teens is not due to the heart, and is chest wall pain, which is benign.  However, it sounds like it may be worthwhile having your primary care provider evaluate you to make sure that there is nothing else going on that would be problematic.