Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Heart problem in Fetus

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Heart problem in Fetus

I m 6 months pregnant. In the recent sonography test, it has detected as in my baby's heart one chamber is too small.  Can it be cured. Please help as we are very tensed after knowing the report
Dear Liji,

Without seeing your baby's information, I have no idea what the problem is here.  Thus, I cannot tell you what the diagnosis is, nor the prognosis.  I can say in general that if a chamber has been found to be "too small" by this time in pregnancy, it is not reparable or curable.  You should be working with a pediatric cardiologist to help explain the problem, the prognosis, and the plans for the future.