Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
High BP, heart rate and headaches
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High BP, heart rate and headaches

I'm 17 years old have recently been referred to a cardiologist due to a high BP and fast pulse rate I have also been told by my G.P that the stabbing pains in back right side of my head I have been experiencing could be related to my heart. The G.P refused to tell what he thought could be wrong with my heart. Since visiting the G.P the stabbing pains in my head have started to move to the top and the left side of my head. I have also been experiencing a similar pain in the back of my right shoulder. Any ideas of what these symptoms could mean?