Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
1708228 tn?1307938542
I Feel Like My Heart Stopa
I Am 14 Yr Ols And The Last Couple Months When Im On My Period And Get Bad Cramps I Feel Like My Heart Stops For About 3-5 Seconds And This Happens Till The Cramps Go Away . Is This Normal ? Should I Be Worried ?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
773637 tn?1327450515
Dear Zoey Lee,

Brief, nonsustained palpitations are scary and are frequent, especially if you have a lot of caffeine intake.  These are typically due to early heartbeats.  That said, the extreme discomfort of your cramps may be inducing a vasovagal response that is slowing your heart rate..  However, without evaluating your ECG, your history, and a 24-hour Holter monitor (a recording of all of your heatbeats in a 24 hour period), I cannot tell you exactly what is going on here.  My recommendation is that you be evaluated by a pediatric cardiologist so that these tests can be performed and to see what's happening.  Otherwise, I cannot tell you if it is normal and if you need to be concerned about this.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now