Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
I have seven months pregnency. My gyane suggeusted me for echo fetal
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I have seven months pregnency. My gyane suggeusted me for echo fetal

I have 7 months pregnency. when we went for regular checkup with my level II ultrasound reports my gynae told us a 5.7mm cyst is seen in the choroid plexus. she suggusted us for sonogram and fetal echo. Now after this tests cyst are not seen in fetal ( Radiologist told us every thing is normal in ultrasound) but in echo test he find 6mm ASD.  I am very upset please help me. Waiting for reply
Related Discussions
773637_tn?1327450515
Dear Poonamsharma,

Without evaluating the study myself, it is difficult to tell me exactly how your baby will do.  However, I can say that if it is a 6 mm ASD with no other congenital cardiac defects, your baby should do quite well.  There is a small chance that the defect will get smaller with time, so it can be observed.  And, unless there are symptoms, which is rare, we typically do not close this defect until age 3 to 5 years.  So, overall, this is likely to be something that, although not normal, is not life-threatening and can be fairly easily dealt with.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
773637_tn?1327450515
Jeffrey R Boris, M.D.Blank
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA
773655_tn?1340656399
Marie M Gleason, M.D.Blank
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA
Blank