Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
LVH in Pediatric (Mom has Heartblock and Addisons)
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

LVH in Pediatric (Mom has Heartblock and Addisons)

I just had an emergency pacemaker placed due to fainting (very tachychardic and then would bottom out). After insertion the medtronic device read heartblock (they didnt expect this) They thought it was more due to my addisons disease. I asked for my son (age 1) to have an EKG and it came back abnormal. It reads "deep q waves, left ventrical hypertrophy".

Can someone please tell me what this means? I am getting into a ped cardiologist but not for 3 weeks. IN the meantime my own pacemaker leads may be infected so I have to possibly be hospitilized......

***@****
773655_tn?1340656399
First, I hope things work out well for you and the pacemaker.  Good luck. Second, ECG's in children can often have "false positive" readings like "possible LVH".  Most often the cardiologist will check the child and there will be nothing wrong.  So if your child has no clinical symptoms, and you have an appointment with the cardiologist in 3 weeks, that should be fine. However, I strongly recommend that you bring copies of YOUR records and ECGs with you to the pediatric cardiologist.  they will want to know if you have a rhythm problem that is genetic in nature and can be passed on to your children.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank