Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Lost and looking for answers!
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lost and looking for answers!

My 11 yr old daughter has had 2 episodes less than 1 month apart.

1st time: Complained of head hurting,dizziness, eyes rolled to the left and she fainted to the right, skin pale, sweat cold clammy with lips a blue'ish color, and uncontrolable crying, lasting about 15-20 sec tops

2nd time: Complained of head hurting, dizziness, had her sit down so she didnt fall, skin pale, lip color normal, sweating cold and clammy and didn't faint this time, uncontrolable crying, (she told the Dr she felt everything spinning like a rollercoaster ride she couldnt get off, she could hear me but, my voice was in the distance when I was sitting right next to her).
Her Blood pressure the afternoon of the 2nd attack at the Dr office was 162/58 sitting and 160/58 laying down. Both attacks happened within 30 mins of her waking up in the morning.The next day school nurse took bloodpressure and it was 112/70 sitting and 114/72 laying down, 2 days after episode at Dr's  Blood pressure was 98/72 sitting and 102/72 laying down.
Dr has refered her out to a cardioligist to rule out neurogenic syncope and having her go for a CT to check for a tumor. They have also done blood testing for kidney's,liver,anemia, a few others and having her go in Monday for a fasting blood test.
My daughters history: she was dignosed 15 months old (1st seizure) that she has seizure activity in left hemispere of brain (no meds for this as she hasnt had many) and then migrains which she was on propranol for for years currently has not been on any meds for 4+ years. She is 84 lbs and 58 inches tall.
We have over a month wait to see the cardioligist so, please any suggestions to whats happening with my daughter I would appreciate it. Also, to the fact most things they said it could be including neurogenic Syncope I see peoples bloodpressure drop and seemed like my daughters went up and has flexuated so much in numbers so, what does this mean? She feels the episodes coming on before it happens lasting 2-5 mins.