Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
My 17 months old girl has fast/load heart beat while drinking milk

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

My 17th months old girl baby seem to have fast heart beat while she drinks milk from feeding bottle.
I could notice it when I place my hand on her chest. Once she completes her feeding, the heart beat comes down and becomes normal.

Should I be worried about it? Does she need any kind if test?

She is very normal in other activities and eating too.Im first time mom, so I am confused. Pls share ur thoughts.

Unfortunately, we cannot make any accurate assessment of a child's heart rate just by holding the chest.  What is important to the doctor is to know the actual number of the heart rate, and that means someone has to counts the heart beats,  If your daughter is 17 months old, her heart rate can vary from 80 beats per minute asleep to 180 beats per minute while crying.  Feeding is a form of exercise for babies, so it is not unreasonable for the heart rate to increase slightly.  The fact that she seems fine and it returns to baseline after feeding, suggests that it is a normal variation in heart rate.  However, if you feel that there is a remarkable difference in her heart rate now, compared to when you were feeding her during the first year of life, then you should discuss this issue with your child's doctor and make sure they do a thorough cardiac examination, including checking the pulses in the legs.  It would be helpful if you could find a way to count the number of heart beats (take the pulse rate) during these episodes and report that to the doctor.
Its Loud heart beat. Not Load..Sorry.