My 5 year old daughter complains of a stinging pain in her heart.
My 5.5 year old daughter has complained a couple of times in the last 2 weeks of chest pain. Tonight she more specifically described it as a stinging pain in her heart, her legs feel funny, and it hurts to stand up. We called our pediatrition tonight and she just said doesn't sound to serious and if it gets worse she will see her tomorrow. Anyone familiar with anything like this?
Dear Trevis,

Without evaluating your daughter specifically, I cannot say what is going on.  I can say that the vast majority of chest pain in children is not due to the heart.  However, with the limited amount of information that I have here from you, it would make the most sense to have her evaluated by your primary care provider to get a complete history and examination.  Most likely it is nothing bad, as initially thought.  But, if it's something treatable or something that requires treatment, it would be good to have had it seen.  If your pediatrician is not sure what is going on, then evaluation by a pediatric cardiologist may be reasonable, depending on the findings.