Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
My 7 year old son has a Cardiac Murmur and Sinus Arrythmia
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My 7 year old son has a Cardiac Murmur and Sinus Arrythmia

I took my 7 year old to the Dr. today because he said this throat was hurting and the Dr. listened to his heart and said that he had a heart murmur. Then the Dr. hooked him up to a EKG and said that he also has Sinus Arrhythmia. I know that people can live with a heart murmur and most will grow out of it, and that Sinus Arrhythmia is not very serious, but should I be concerned that he has both? And what should I do?
Tags: murmur