Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
PAB &DSO for future

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

PAB &DSO for future

TO :Jeffrey R Boris, M.D.

Thanx for your response and guidance for the same. The age of my nephew is 4 years. Please also guide what should be the procedure of treatment and the proper time.

Can you suggest from where my nephew's problem can be resolved with minimal post complications and the right place to go.  

Rough idea for the expenditure incurred and the time required.
Can you also suggest the name of pediatric thoracic surgeon.  Please also mention your mail id if you can spare your time to go through the reports.

Regards,

DIKSHA PANWAR.
Dear Diksha,

I cannot recommend a specific treatment for your nephew without evaluating him completely.  This means that he needs to be seen in clinic with complete review of records, history, examination, and any testing.  Nor is this forum a place to recommend specific institutions or surgeons, or the cost for evaluation or treatment of this.  I recommend going to a place that has a large pediatric cardiac surgical experience.  If there is one in India, that would obviously be less expensive for you.  However, I am not familiar with what is available there.  If you feel like you would rather come to the U.S., there are several centers in America that have large surgical volumes with experienced pediatric cardiac surgeons.