Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Possible Alternative Drugs

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Possible Alternative Drugs

Hi there I was Just wondering if you could please advise me on the drugs my Nan (Grandma) is taking as she is
finding life harder and harder. She has had 2 heart failures over the last few years and since then she spends most
of the day in her chair falling asleep she just seems so drowsy all the time with no drive to do anything. The more
this happens the bigger she is getting and the harder it gets for her. She also gets the shakes really bad and
swollen feet. The thing is because we live in the U.K she is using the NHS and when she goes to see the G.P he is always rushed and i dont think he gets enough time to talk to her and review her drugs properly and also because it is the NHS from my experiance tend to use the cheapest availible drugs until they become a problem. the drugs she has right now are spironolactone, Losartan Potassium, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Furosemide, Cordarone x, Flucloxacillin and One-Alpha. What i was hoping is that someone here might have some suggestions of alternitive drugs to any of the ones she is taking now. That might reduce some of her symptoms she is getting now. So that i can suggest them to her G.P and see what he thinks. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
This is a pediatric heart forum.  You should refer your question to an adult heart forum. Good luck.