Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Possible angina? Or just a pulled muscle?

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Hey im 17 year old male and I have anxiety. I was playing intense basketball last night that had me doing some quick and rapid arm movements. Later after I got home about 20 to 30 minutes later, my left arm was extremely sore and burning pain from my shoulder down to my elbow and it was only my left arm. Kinda felt like i might of over extended it. And it kinda felt like the pain came from inside the arm. It feels like iv felt that same pain before but it worried me for some reason. I had no chest pain or shortness of breath or chest tightness and anything like that just that arm pain. And I was wondering could it be angina? I have no Fam history of heart problems and iv had an EKG done last year and results came back fine. This morning I woke up and I sti have a little bit of soreness and pain. Is this angina or simply a pulled muscle? Thank you!
If you do not have chest pain, shortness of breath or dizziness, and the discomfort is localized to your arm, it is likely musculoskeletal.  It would be worth taking an anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen to see if it helps.  Of course, without knowing more about you, and not examining you, we can only say that if your symptoms persist or worsen, you should always seek evaluation by your local doctor or emergency room and not put things off.