Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Tetralogy of Fallot

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Tetralogy of Fallot

Tried to adopt a child. Having had the physical custody since baby was an infant. Now she is 6 months old, is in China. Just know she has severe Tetralogy of Fallot. I’m stressed out, not know how much it would cost for a repair surgery in the US, her heart would be normal after the repair? Or myself would get a heart attack by the stress I have. Adoption Papers still haven’t been done yet after I run between the US and China. Exhausted, feel can’t do it on my own any longer but hurts to think of sending her to Orphanage as she was originally abandoned by her remote countryside farmer family, thought the reason she was abandoned was she was a girl, now know the reason why. The doctors there, China told my mom to get rid of her fast when doctors run the test, know it is Tetralogy of Fallot, say it can‘t be treated, or she can’t get out of surgical room if do it. I did Chinese web search, read one post (there are too many, can’t read them all), a young lady gave a birth with the Tetralogy of Fallot, her doctor told her to get rid of baby to try to have another one. The similar cases happen to those far, remote, small hospitals commonly, that is why there are more abandoned Congenital Heart Defect babies there. To be continued -

see response to your second page.