Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
What is a normal

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

What is a normal
My daughter has a 102 fever that wont go down after 1 1/2 of her Ibuprophen dose.  Her heart rate is at around 120 beats per min.  Is this something I should be more worried about?
Fever will raise the heart rate of anyone, child or adult.  Normal heart rate ranges vary according to the age of the child.  You do not provide the age of your child in your comment, so I cannot reply accurately to your question. However, a heart rate of 120 beats per minute sounds like a sinus tachycardia related to fever.  It is most likely normal if your child is under 10 years old.   If your child's fevers persist, or there are other concerns, please check with your primary doctor.