Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
What should i do
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What should i do

My son is 7 years old and these episodes began 3 months ago.  They first started when he was playin in the jungle gym.  He was suddenly very faint, pale, sweaty, said he was short of his breath and his heart hurt.  I took him to the hopsital and they performed an ecg which was normal (he had fully recovered bythe time we got there).  
It happened agin a few weeks later, again during exercise and again he was recovered by the time we reached casualty, again ecg was normal.  At this point a referal was sent to a paediatric cardiologist and we was told not to let him have any exercise until then.  
His appointment is in a month and we have had almost 6 weeks where he has been fine - until recently!
4 days ago his school called an ambulance.  He was very short of breath, dizzy, clammy, grey with bluish lips complaining of chest pain, he had been playing with his friends on the yard.  He had almost recovered bythe time the amb arrived although he needed o2 therapy on route, ecg was normal.  
Then same again the folowing day and the day after that, he has had a chest xray and a 24 hr ecg which were both normal.  He says he feels dizzy most of the time and is always short of breath, he describes this as a feeling that he cant really get enough in and needs to take a big breath.  He is very pale all the time and really doesnt lok himself.  
Im wondering if i should stop taking him to casualty when this happens as its having a massive effect on his day to day life, and he always recovers himself, perhaps we should just wait and see, and keep a diary to show the cardiologist.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as every time he goes to hsop we see another doc who has a different oppinion and now we just feel very confused and frustrated. thanks xx