bounding pulse in 6 yr old
What would cause a bounding pulse in a six year old? She complains her pounding neck "bothers" her. In feeling her carotid pulse, it is quite pronounced even at rest
Dear Khardy,

There are many potential reasons for a bounding pulse in a child.  Unfortunately, I do not have enough historical information to be able to tell you which is more likely for your daughter.  Various causes include arrhythmias, dehydration, fever, anxiety, pain, and even just being very aware of her pulse.  I would recommend that she be initially evaluated by her primary care provider, who can obtain more history and perform an examination.  If there are specific concerns that may be related to the heart, she can be referred to a pediatric cardiologist.