Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
complet repair of tof

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

complet repair of tof

my baby had complete repair of tof when she was 4 month now she has 9 months
now  (in echo report in 11-10 2010)she has asd 3.5 mm with small shunt R_L and RVOT looks widely patent and good biventricular function
i  want to understand what this mean and if my baby condition is good and stable and the probability of any procedure in the future
i am very worrey about her
sat 97% nitritin good
Tags: TOF
One of the more important things for families is to ask questions of their doctors.  I am sure that your child's cardiologist would be happy to explain things to you, so that you will not worry.  Often the small hole in the atrial septum that all children are born with is left open at the time of TOF surgery.  It is very common for a small amount of right to left shunting to occur through that hole in the first year after surgery, since the right ventricle is thickened and under high pressure before the tetralogy of fallot surgery is performed.  This usually improves over time, if there is no residual blockage of the blood flow to the lungs.  If your child's oxygen saturation is 97% (normal) then the amount of right to left shunt is minimal.