complex heart disease
the baby is 9month old right now. what will happen if he do not undergo surgical operation?
Dear Tetz,

Unfortunately, you give me no information about this child, other than the hint that there is complex heart disease.  Therefore, all I can tell you is that children with complex congenital cardiac defects typically have a significantly shortened life span without surgical intervention.  With surgical intervention, most (but not all) children with these defects have a greatly improved duration and quality of life.  That said, it also depends on the type of defect as well as the timing of the intervention.  Sometimes, 9 months of age can be too late to intervene to change the outcome, depending on the defect.