diet for 2 yr old TOF patient
My daughter and son in law just adopted a 2 yr old daughter from China with TOD. She had surgery in China at 9 Months old and is very healthy and active now. Can you please tell us best diet to have her on to keep her healthy?
In a child with repaired tetralogy of Fallot, there are no special dietary recommendations during childhood.  A well balanced Amercian diet should be terrific, and they should encourage fruits and vegetables, and fewer processed foods, just as is recommended for any child.  Since this is an adopted child, and we are not always aware of the full biologic family history, I think it is important to have a cholesterol level and lipid profile checked before they go to school.  That way, the adoptive family is aware of any underlying genetic lipid abnormalities that might become important later.