Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
fetal Irregular heart beat
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

fetal Irregular heart beat

Hi,

I am 33 weeks pregnant and my baby has been diagnosed with irregular heartbeats. The heartbeat is normal for about 4 seconds, and the it misses beats for about 2 seconds then back to normal. This is a pattern and has been noticed for a week now. Everything else is ok, including the developement of the heart. Doctors are suggesting premature birth.
Please advice as we are in a situation and not sure how to proceed.