Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
left deviation, borderline prolonged qt
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

left deviation, borderline prolonged qt

Took my 14 year old for blood work and ekg today due to the fact that she came to me saying feels like her heart skips a beat. unconfirmed ekg say normal sinus rhythm, left axis deviation and borderline prolonged qt. Any thoughts to help me ease my mind while Iam waiting to hear back from md especially since its a Friday
773655_tn?1340656399
There are many variants of normal in ECGs. Although a left axis deviation is considered "abnormal" there are normal children with a left axis deviation on ECG.  Similarly, the QTc interval in females should not exceed 0.46 seconds.  There are some patients who are normal who have QT intervals that are in this range or slightly higher.  If your daughter has symptoms that suggest a possible arrhythmia and the final read out on the ECG is "abnormal" then getting a formal pediatric cardiology consultation is the next step.  Many times the outcome is benign extra beats or maybe even nothing at all.  But you are doing the proper thing to not ignore her symptoms.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank