Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
my daughter was diagnosed...

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

my daughter was diagnosed...

With s.v.t and .w.p.w at eight months old can u better explain her condition to me please
It is always better for the doctor's caring for your child to answer your questions.  They know the circumstances of your child's problem and know what the treatment plan is.  Anyway, WPW (Wolf Parkinson White) syndrome is an electrical condition of the heart where there are one or more additional electrical pathways in the heart than the norm.  These extra pathways allow electricity to circle back up to the upper heart chambers from the lower heart chambers, causing a rapid heart rate called supraventricular tachycardia (SVT).  Depending upon the circumstances of when the SVT starts, how fast it is and how long it lasts, will decide if the patient gets put on medication and whether it will require other treatment in the future.  If your child has a cardiologist perhaps you should discuss this further with them.