Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
post PDA closure
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

post PDA closure

My daughter at birth had a very large PDA. So large that they were unsuccessful with the catherization procedure because of its size. They closed her PDA at 8 months old by going in through her side. I knew her heart was very enlarged due to the PDA. One year later I took her to her follow up appointment. They said her heart was still slightly enlarged. They said to have her come back in 2 years but I insisted on only a year.  They seem to think its a result of it being so large from when the PDA was present and it taking a little extra time to shrink...

Is this possible? I'm worried