Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
reasons for an additional holter moniter?

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

my daughter just recently started seeing a cardiologist. she had a ekg and it showed an extra (i guess) noise in her heart beat. her doctor had her do a 24 hour holter moniter..we just heard back and the doctor would like her to do an addtional 24 hour holter moniter. i would just like to know reasons why she would need to have another one.

she is 4 and besides this nothing else is wrong with her.
Dear NRL,

Without knowing more details, it is impossible for me to tell you the reasons for the need for another Holter monitor.  Apparently, what was expected to be found on the first was not seen.  I recommend that you discuss this further with your daughter's cardiologist.